Saturday 2 April 2011

On Our Way

We took the bikes down to Southampton docks on Monday - not without incident.My first encounter was with a black golf GTi just outside Stratford who decided to change lanes right in front of me and another near the Trout Inn at Lechlade when some stupid woman decided to pull out of her drive directly into my path. Both incidents (skillfully) avoided we made it to the dockside offices of the shipping company who gave us paperwork showing our destination to be New York.We queried this because we had booked to go to Baltimore and the landlubbing deckhand dismissed the error as a typo. Let's see if where our bikes are actually docked - bets please.

Work gave me a good send off and Gina organised a get together of friends and family last night for a few drinks and nibbles - I eventually fell into bed just after 3 this morning and up again at 8.

Got my cases packed for tomorrow's flight so it's all systems GO !!

Brothers Grimm at the Dockside        

 

No comments:

Post a Comment